Networking, Networking, Networking

Last night, Afrocentric and I attended our very first Ghanaian Londoners event at the Dust Bar in Farringdon, organised by the lovely Adwoa Agyemang and we had a blast. We were late (gotta work on that GMT) but we still managed to catch some great speakers including Bex Mortty of Quality Network Solutions and the London representative of the NPP whose name unfortunately I didn't manage to catch. There was immeasurable Ghanaian talent in one little room and that included a fellow Ghana blogger Kwabena of Ghana Hype. Kwabena is also the creator of the wonderful Kayobi clothing line and if you haven't checked out his stuff, I suggest you do so asap.

Anyway, when the actual "networking" session began, let's just say that Afrocentric and I took a little while to get into the swing of things. Alright, we were down right wusses! I find networking really hard people! Tell me I'm not alone in this. It feels like the first day of school all over again. We eventually manned up and met a myriad of creative (and analytical) minds. Still I sometimes wonder at the usefulness of these networking beyond meeting new people. How many people really utilise these new contacts when all is said and done? We would still do it all over again a heartbeat because new people are new people, no long. So, what are the thoughts of people out there on "networking"?

5 opinionated people have something to say:

Indiskreet said...

frankly apart from facebook which might indirectly lead to networking, i can't be bothered with it. an event designed purposely for networking sounds good though. i think i'd attend one since what you've described sounds good.

Unknown said...

Hi - lol - I could not remember your Blog name and ur real names so I had to thrall through all the Ghana Blogging sites until I found yours. Thanks for the write up on my stuff. I checked out you other blog and this one is cool too p.s dont worry I wont expose ur secret identity - u guys take care and keep in touch - add me on face book. ciao

Nsoromma...Child of the Heavens said...

Networking is a difficult thing! It turns this 'outgoing girl' into a shy, whimpering mess. Oh, the sweaty palms. I just would love to know how to network effectively as I end up blending in with the wall.

Unknown said...

I am not sure which one you are but i think both of you were fine with the networking - just be yourself thats the most important thing.I could teach u :)

Sankofa said...

@KOB Thanks a lot! I think it's something that will probably get easier with time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails