The worst punishment in the world?

*Embarrassed cough* Happy (extremely belated) New Year all! I'm not even going to insult you all with lame excuses. Hope there are some of you still out there reading. This year just doesn't seem to be starting off great for me and I sincerely hope I'm in the minority here. I hope everything's going wonderfully for all of you anyway.

I was having a random conversation with Nsoromma last night about the punishments people used to receive as children and she related a story of a girl who was a couple of years below her in secondary school and I just had to share.

This child (she must have been about 13) had been giving her Nigerian parents the stereotypical teen girl trouble of staying out later than her curfew, hanging out with unsavoury boys etc. etc. and I guess her father just snapped. She came home late from school one too many times and her father frogmarched her to a barber shop in the middle of Peckham and clean told the barber to shave her hair off! Think less Amber Rose and more this:

What makes this whole story worse to me that she lived in Peckham! You're always bound to bump into somebody you know in Peckham amongst the thugs, aunties, and fine boys. This poor child had to get on a bus from Peckham to Elephant and Castle everyday with her shining head until her hair grew back. As punishments go, I thought this touched the heights of genius.

This then lead to a conversation I saw on twitter asking if anybody else was 'gingered' as a child. Now I remember two or three of my friends having this done to them when they were about 10 or so and even now it horrifies me. For those who don't know, getting 'gingered' involved having ginger (or hot pepper) inserted in your vagina or anus as a form of punishment. In other words, total and utter child abuse.

The nastiness of 'gingering' aside, this leads me to the whole point of this post: what is the worst punishment you've ever received? It can't possibly be worse than having your hair shaved off in the middle of Peckham can it?...

Category:

10 opinionated people have something to say:

leggy said...

my mum spanked me.that was it.

Mike said...

I'd been whipped, slapped and had objects thrown at me before, but the worst- (and I know it doesn't appear so) was my mom locking me in her room to nap over school break while my friends played football outside ALL DAY! We had a team, and some of them came to beg my mom to let me join 'em. No dice! No tv, radio, only the sounds of a long-planned 5-hour round robin tourney that 12-yr-old couldn't join.

Friday's Afro said...

Eish! That girl got boyed out by her dad! I was generally a quiet goody two shoes when I was really young and by the time the underage drinking etc started, my mum could only shout, cry, pray and this was enough to intimidate me. I always hated when my mum (or your dad) was "disappointed" with me, that was the killer.

Myne Whitman said...

That bald look can be sexy you know? LOL...I think severe spanking must have been the worst. But in boarding it was painful when seniors frogmarched us as a group, spraying us with soupy water in the dining hall. What utter humiliation!

Sandy Tea said...

Poor girl. I played a prank on my dad. my mum found it funny but she had to copy the nigerians next door by making me stand against the wall with one leg up.

maphi said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL this was such a funny post , ive never been punished to be honest just been told of but my brother and sister have received all sorts xoxo

Nsoromma...Child of the Heavens said...

This was so funny to behold in real life, TRUST ME! But one of those where you can't quite believe your eyes. Made me go home and give my mother a FAT kiss, safe in the knowledge that that could never have been me!

Anonymous said...

i was punish with suppotoires and a butt plug and an emema

sarah lee said...

In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing. See the link below for more info.


#worst
www.ufgop.org

Silvia Jacinto said...

Life is a battle, if you don't know how to defend yourself then you'll end up being a loser. So, better take any challenges as your stepping stone to become a better person. Have fun, explore and make a lot of memories.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Related Posts with Thumbnails