Song of the day: Nneka- 'Heartbeat'

For those of you not yet acquainted with the beautiful Nneka, get to know! This Nigerian-German songstress has been making moves for a while now and this is one of my favourite songs off her debut album "Concrete Jungle" (or "No Longer At Ease" as it was earlier known). I'm in a fighting mood today so I'm going to let Nneka provide the soundtrack to my week. Enjoy this live performance from Letterman.




"And now the world is asleep
How will you ever wake her up when she is deep in her dreams, wishing
And yet so many die
And still we think that it is all about us
It's all about you
You sold your soul to the evil and the lust
And the passion and the money and you
See the same ones die, people hunger for decades
Suffer under civilized armed robbers, modern slaveholders"

(I wonder who she's supporting in the World Cup?)

3 opinionated people have something to say:

Sandy Tea said...

Lol @ the world cup comment

Myne said...

I lover her music and lyrics, unapologetically political. And yeah it's Nigeria, lol.

Nsoromma...Child of the Heavens said...

I really do like this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails