Why Idris? Why?!!!!!

I just came across this video of my beloved Idris Elba and I had to share it with you guys.


I think my soul just died a little. Like many other females (and males) I just love me some "Big 'Dris". Here's a fine-ass half-Ghanaian, half-Sierra Leonian, East London Boy  making some moves in Hollywood. He's flippin' STRINGER BELL from The Wire (if you don't know, get to know)! I know music's always been Idris's first love but mate you're nearing 40 years of age and you're wearing a doo-rag under a backwards-turned baseball cap, rapping in pseudo-Carribean patois in 2010?! I'm so distracted that I can't even judge the song objectively. Nsoromma pretty much summed this up when I sent her the vid on facebook:

"Rasclart tune? Gwan? Hol' On? More Fire? Dude ur Ghanaian/Sierra Leonian...I dont understand the influence. I'm so embarrassed!"
I just can't ....

11 opinionated people have something to say:

Abena Serwaa said...

*OMG* this had me cracking up all over the couch in my office unable to read it out to my office-mate because I was laughing so hard! I love me some Big 'Dris too so kinda sad but I can't wait to see the video (youtube blocked at work).

Sankofa said...

A treat's in store for you then. This one's gonna take me a while to forgive.

Last Born Child said...

I think I'm in shock. A summary of my emotions:
I couldn't watch all of it.
I wish I hadn't seen any of it.
It's going to take a minute for me to look at Idris the way I used to.
I wish I could "unwatch" this.

Afrocentric said...

Idris man, I love you but you need to leave that kinda foolishness to R. Kelly!

Sankofa said...

@LBC I also desperately wish I could "unwatch" this. I'm never gonna be able to watch "The Wire" or "Luther" in the same way again.

@Afrocentric Yes I think the only other person still rocking doo-rags in 2010 is R. Kelly, and it should be a crime to compare Idris Elba to R. Kelly. SMDH.

Nsoromma...Child of the Heavens said...

lol @ 'unwatch' I feel that! I also could not watch it to the end. It was almost physically affected. A part of me is close to tears, I feel cheated somehow. I feel...I dunno, man. So sad but I feel this is the end of an era (my era of love for Idris)....

Friday's Afro said...

He's even sayin 'whol' aaan' and rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrasclaat, yuck!

he fine as hell tho'!

Shona Vixen said...

Why Idris why?!? They shouldn't have killed off Stringer then this foolery wouldn't be happening...and still WHY?!?

Sankofa said...

@Nsromma I may well be following you on that path...

@Friday's Afro How can you even see the fineness with that nonsense coming out of his mouth and that thing on his head?!

@Shona Vixen I fear that Stringer Bell or no Stringer Bell this tomfoolery would have still occurred. Idris has long confessed that music is his first "love". SMH

Koko Rachelle said...

Pardon?!? I could not bring myself to watch the whole video, I spluttered at "raasclart". I want to laugh but I am too astounded to do so. Maybe tomorrow.

Sankofa said...

@Koko Rachelle Save yourself the misery. It was torture for me to finish the vid too. I rue the day I found this video!

Related Posts with Thumbnails